Be part of a global movement that is changing the way people think, act, and talk about dementia to create dementia friendly communities. Become a Dementia Friends Champion and be able to lead your own Dementia Friends information sessions for Dementia Awareness in your community or at your agency. Contact the ADRC at 608-785-5700 for upcoming sessions or to schedule one for your organization.
- A high impact, dementia simulation experience for family, business, church or organization
- Immerses participants into life with dementia, resulting in a deeper understanding of what it's like to live with cognitive impairment and sensory changes
- Community Training: Contact ADRC at 608-785-5700
- Professional Training: Contact St. Croix Hospice at 608-433-9704
Alzheimer Associations Educational Events
Wisconsin Department of Health Services Training - Dementia
Online Training for Family Caregivers
- Free guidance, support and planning for aging issues
- Feel prepared to help older adults thrive
Alzheimer Associations Care Training Resources
CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) Hand in Hand Training
Milwaukee County Department of Aging
Below is a video series providing a dramatization through the eyes of an individual with dementia, along with a facilitator guide.