Future Planning Checklist of Legal/Financial Documents
- Inventory form/checklist of legal/financial documents
Download: Future Planning Checklist
Download: Future Planning Checklist Supplement
Download: Personal Documents Record
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
The Power of Attorney for Healthcare (POAHC) is a legal document that allows you to appoint someone you trust to make your medical decisions if you become unable (incapacity). The person(s) you name will serve as your healthcare agent(s). You can include instructions about what medical care you do and do not want in the future.
It is important for the individual and their family to have meaningful conversations at the beginning of memory change to allow time for a person-centered discussions. It can be beneficial to meet with a person who is trained to assist families with the conversation and form completion. Contact your local hospital or clinic for assistance.
Review this document to see if an out-of state Power of Attorney for Health Care is effective in Wisconsin.
- Financial Power of Attorney
A Financial Power of Attorney allows a trusted representative to manage an individual’s finances in the event the individual becomes incapacitated and is unable to make those decisions. Upon death, the FPOA expires.
- "Person Centered" Form (ADRC "purple" form)
If a person is showing signs of memory loss:
- Complete this person centered form
- Print on purple paper
- Place on individual's refrigerator (Most first responders are trained to look for this form when responding to individuals with memory loss. This helps them communicate with the individual.)