Evaluating Dementia Services and Supports: Instrument Resource List
- Validated instruments for community-based dementia programs.
Electronic Dementia Guide for Excellence (EDGE) Project
- A web-based resource program
- Provides staff members tools they need to help them provide quality care
- Offers guidance to identify and implement interventions that specifically address care and communication challenges faced in dementia care
- EDGE forms
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
IHI, an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, is a leading innovator, convener, partner, and driver of results in health and health care improvement worldwide.
- Almost all resources are free
- May need to create a free account to access some resources and training
- Quality Improvement Essentials Toolkit – an excellent resource with tools to create, measure, and evaluate programs and interventions
National Alzheimer's and Dementia Resource Center
- Contains links to tools for quality assurance measures and other valuable resources.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- This FREE resource is a “how to” guide for planning and implementing evaluation activities. The manual, based on CDC’s Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health, is intended to assist managers and staff of public, private, and community public health programs to plan, design, implement and use comprehensive evaluations in a practical way.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Learn about theories of change, logic models, evaluation plans and other research tools