Tactics to make your facilities physical space more dementia friendly:
Dementia Care Environment Audit Tools and Services
- Audit tools for assessing the care environment
Environmental & Communication Assessment Toolkit (ECAT) for Dementia Care (cost)
- This evidence-based toolkit includes the tools you need to assess, intervene, and modify on an individualized basis to ensure the quality of life for people with dementia. This is available from multiple websites.
Person Directed Dementia Care Assessment Toolkit
- Excellent resource published by Wisconsin DHS
- A guide for creating quality of life and successfully refocusing behavior
Long Term Care Improvement Guide
- A collection of concrete strategies for actualizing a resident-directed, relationship-centered philosophy.
- Quite lengthy, but very thorough.