Online Training Resources
If you would like to receive any or all of these modules in PowerPoint format for use with an online Learning Management System, contact Joanne Sandvick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that there are two modules for each cultural group: one for a general audience and one designed specifically for clinical providers.
- General Diversity Module
- Amish Culture (General Audience)
- Amish Culture for Clinical Providers
- Hispanic Culture (General Audience)
- Hispanic Culture for Clinical Providers
- Hmong Culture (General Audience)
- Hmong Culture for Clinical Providers
- Native American Culture (General Audience)
- Native American Culture for Clinical Providers
The following online learning sessions are from the US Department of Health and Human Services - Office of Minority Health. One needs to register to view the sessions, however there is no charge.
- Culturally Competent Nursing Care: A Cornerstone of Caring
- A Physician's Practical Guide to Culturally Competent Care
This link will help you begin your exploration of quality and culture. We encourage you to start by taking the Quality and Culture Quiz. The quiz, which takes about ten minutes to complete, is designed to assist you in learning about how culture influences health care. Take an expanded look at some cultural groups.
The following online modules are from the National LGBT Health Education Center to help facilitate the teaching of LGBT topics to health care professionals and students.
- LGBT Modules
- Guidelines for Care of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Patients (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association)