What are some actions you can take right now? Click here!
Check out the new La Crosse County Dining Guide for healthier eating options!
How Can You Get Involved?
If you have a passion about a topic, we need leaders like you!
Chronic Disease Lead Organizations
- 7 C's Coalition (formerly La Crosse Area Health Initiative) tobacco coalition
Judi Zabel: email@example.com, Alison Glodowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Crosse Healthy Living Collaboration - Strategic plan to pull together tobacco, nutrition & physical activity initiatives.
Paula Silha: email@example.com, Tracy Lein: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pioneering Healthier Communities - Physical activity & healthy eating coalition.
Bill Soper: email@example.com, Jill Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee - developing a region-wide bicycle & pedestrian plan
Jackie Eastwood: email@example.com
- Safe Routes to Schools - coalition to work with schools to increase walking and biking opportunities for children to get to school
Ginny Loehr: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Onalaska Safe Bicycling Association - safe bicycle advocates for Onalaska
Matthew Christen: email@example.com
- Driftless Regional Bicycle Coalition - local coalition to develop bicycle plans and serve as bicycle advocates.
Tim Keneipp: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Lead Organizations
- Mental Health Coalition - Umbrella coalition for all La Crosse region mental health groups. Working on emergency center, stigma initiatives, increasing access via partnership with Scenic Bluffs FQHC or other models.
Patti Jo Severson: email@example.com
- Kaitlin's Table - Focus on suicide prevention through peer support, school and NAMI based programs
Todd Mahr: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe was Just Joe Foundation
Dave Clements: email@example.com
- Suicide Prevention Initiative - Organize Annual Suicide Awareness Event
Geri Mulliner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illness - education, support groups for individuals & families suffering from mental illness
Patti Jo Severson: email@example.com
Injury & Violence Lead Organizations
- Changing the Culture of Risky Drinking Behavior - La Crosse Medical Health Science Consortium funded projects to address underage and binge drinking.
Ed Kondracki: firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Crosse County Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Coordinated Community Response (CCR)
Sandra Krajewski: email@example.com
- Safe Kids Coalition - to promote child safety initiatives in the La Crosse area.
Kim Lombard: KLombard@gundluth.org
Infectious Disease Lead Organizations
- Communicable Disease Coalition Coordinating prevention efforts for communicable diseases (mainly sexually transmitted infections) (inactive at this time)