Access the Scorecard here: www.communityscorecard.com
The Health Scorecard project grew from the Consortium's Population Health Committee, which is focused on developing tools and partnerships to better the health of our region's communities.
The Health Scorecard brings together county health data from all of our 20 counties into one convenient location, where it can be compared, graphed, and exported for further analysis.
Our intention is for this data to lead to community discussion, research, and ACTION.
How can the Health Scorecard help you?
- Use data to justify health needs in grant proposals and community reports.
- Compare years to view changes in health trends for your county.
- Compare your county to other counties, your state, and the nation as a whole.
- Monitor your county's scores relative to state benchmarks.
- Identify needs for action and intervention in your community
Media coverage of the Health Scorecard:
- "Pregnant women in local counties are still lighting up," La Crosse Tribune, July 2, 2008
- "Scorecard: Consortium Web site offers health data for 20 counties including La Crosse," La Crosse Tribune, June 4, 2008
- "Scorecard rates health conditions in area counties," La Crosse Tribune, June 4, 2008
- "La Crosse School District to start health academy in fall," La Crosse Tribune, 2/3/09
Read the Burden of Obesity and Physical Inactivity Report
Population Health Committee:
Dan Duquette - UW-La Crosse
Marlene Fisher - Viterbo
Lori Freit-Hammes - Mayo Clinic Health System
Cindy Kartman - Western
Betty Jorgenson - Mayo Clinic Health System
Doug Mormann - La Crosse County Health Department
Steve Pearson - Gundersen Lutheran
Brenda Rooney - Gundersen Lutheran
Paula Silha - La Crosse County Health Department
Sarah Spah - La Crosse County Health Department